- This event has passed.
12th Annual Worldwide Go Topless Day Run – 2019
May 17, 2019 - May 18, 2019
The New Mexico Jeep Group is proud to partner
To Bring You The 12th Annual
Worldwide Go Topless Day!
Our partners at Extreme Terrain will match our first $500.00
PROCEEDS raised at this, New Mexico Jeep Group’s, 2019 Worldwide
Go Topless Day event!
All proceeds will go to a New Mexico charity of YOUR choice! Well . . . kinda.
This is how it works: All paid entrants will enter a charity of their choosing into a drawing to be held at the end of the event. The participant’s charity that is drawn will receive 100% of all proceeds!
Eligible charity criteria:
- Must Be a registered 501c3 non-profit in good standing.
- Must be a New Mexico based charity.
- All proceeds will be used within the state of New Mexico.
Entry fee is $10.00 per vehicle – includes 1 raffle ticket and 1 entry into the drawing.
**Additional tickets my be purchased for $10.00 and includes 1 raffle ticket and 1 entry into the drawing.
Raffles and Drawings throughout the day!!!
Scavenger Hunt Run Information The purpose of this event is to explore the area on known tracks in smaller groups. We all know how drawn-out and frustrating it can be waiting for 60 rigs to get through one obstacle. However, we do not want you to speed through the trails trying to collect waypoints. This run is about fun and NOT damaging anyone’s rig. All of the waypoints will be set on stock friendly & moderate trails and all rigs are encouraged, but not required, to participate. We would like a good mix of stock and modified rigs within each team. There are Modified-Only Trails if you would like to explore those but they will not contain any waypoints. We plan to have everyone return by 1 PM so we can tally up points, give out prizes, do drawings, and have lunch (Burgers and Hot dogs provided). You may leave at any time but we plan to be there till 4 PM at the latest.
Team Setup & Waypoints
- Teams of 3 or more rigs will go out on a 3-hour run to safely collect as many waypoints as possible and return by their assigned time.
- The waypoints will be provided in the GAIA app. At least one team member/leader should have the app downloaded before the run (it is free).
- Teams will receive the GAIA map and waypoints the day before the run. Teams will also be provided a waypoint list with names to check off when complete.
- In order to collect the waypoints teams must take a picture of themselves and/or rigs with their Team Card at the waypoint, This year they will be clearly marked! All rigs or team members must be in the photo (with the exception of the person taking it).
- There will be a cap set for the number of waypoints your team can collect, again the main goal is to explore in smaller groups, safely collect waypoints, and return by your assigned time.
- All teams will receive raffle tickets for the amount of points they collect. It is up to the team on how they want to distribute the tickets. The team with the highest score will win a first-place prize in addition to their raffle tickets.
All Teams MUST Have
- Minimum of 3 rigs per team
- At least 1 member downloaded the GAIA App and Map
- Cell phones with chargers
- Minimum-2 radios (can be provided if available, while supplies last)
- Minimum-recovery straps and recovery points (other recovery equipment recommend)
- Water and snacks
- Phillips’s 66 in Lemitar at 8:00, air down, gas up, and disconnect.
- DRIVERS MEETING AT 8:45, Teams will begin rolling out at 9:00 in waves to reduce congestion.
- Each team will be given a Gaia map to fill with the waypoints they find. All the trails will all be stock friendly some are intermediate.
HERE is the link to the Map