- This event has passed.
NMJG Topless Day run to Gordy’s Hill
May 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
The purpose of this event is to explore the area on known tracks in smaller groups. We all know how drawn-out and frustrating it can be waiting for 60 rigs to get through one obstacle. However, we do not want you to speed through the trails trying to collect waypoints. This run is supposed to be fun and as much as Fred would love your business we do not want anyone damaging their rigs. All of the waypoints will be set on stock friendly trails and all rigs are encouraged but not required to participate. We would like a good mix of stock and modified rigs in each team. There are Modified-Only Trails if you would like to explore those but they will not contain any waypoints. We plan to have everyone return by 1 PM so we can tally up points, give out prizes, do drawings, and have lunch (Burgers and Hot dogs, provided). You may leave at any time but we plan to be there till 4 PM at the latest.
Team Setup & Waypoints
- Teams of 3 or more rigs mixed with stock and modified will go out on a 3-hour run to safely collect as many waypoints as possible and return by their assigned time.
- The waypoints will be provided in the GAIA app. At least one team member should have the app downloaded before the run (it is free).
- Teams will receive the GAIA map and waypoints the day before the run. Teams will also be provided a waypoint list with names to check off when complete.
- In order to collect the waypoints teams must take a picture of themselves and/or rigs with their Team Card at the waypoint. All rigs or team members must be in the photo (with the exception of the person taking it).
- There will be a cap set for the number of waypoints your team can collect, the main goal is to explore in smaller groups, safely collect waypoints, and return by your assigned time.
- All teams will receive raffle tickets for the amount of points they collect. It is up to the team on how they want to distribute the tickets. The team with the highest score will win a first-place prize in addition to their raffle tickets.
All Teams MUST Have
- Minimum of 3 rigs per team
- At least 1 member downloaded the GAIA App and Map of Waypoints
- Cell phones with chargers
- Minimum-2 radios (can be provided if available)
- Minimum-recovery straps or other recovery equipment
- Water and snacks
- Phillips’s 66 in Lemitar at 8:30, air down, gas up, and disconnect.
- DRIVERS MEETING AT 8:45, Teams will begin rolling out at 9:00 in waves to reduce congestion.
- Each team will be given a Gaia map full of waypoints. All the trails will all be stock friendly.
the details for the event and logistics have been planned and worked out for the last 3 months. ALL BLM permits for the event have been secured. If you are attending the tip less run then all folks need to do before the run is download the Gaia app. As stated in the post we will make the waypoints available Friday for down load. As far as teams you can pre group your team but you don’t have to. You can just show up and will put folks together.
Bring your rigs, phones with chargers, water and snacks
We will be providing hamburgers and hot dogs and the “end point” and raffle prizes.